Fish Taco Sauce
This creamy, smoky, and slightly spicy sauce is the perfect fish taco sauce! Delicious with blackened, grilled, or battered fish tacos, this versatile sauce is easy to make and sure to please everyone. Inspired by California fish tacos.
Servings 8 servings
- ½ cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ of one chipotle pepper from can of adobo sauce
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce
- 1 clove garlic peeled
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- juice of ½ to ¼ lime as desired
Recipe yields approximately 8 servings. Nutritional values shown reflect information for 1 serving. Macros may vary slightly depending on the specific brands of ingredients used.
To determine the size of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed, then weigh the entire recipe when finished. Divide the total weight (not including the weight of the bowl, pot, or plate the food is in) by 8. Result will be the weight of one serving.
- For more heat, add a little more adobo sauce or use a full chipotle pepper. For less heat, leave out the chipotle pepper altogether.
- Make it Dairy Free: Use dairy-free sour cream.
- Make it Vegan: Use vegan mayonnaise and sour cream.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 81kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 355mg | Potassium: 30mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 146IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1mg