Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
These are the BEST vegan chocolate chip cookies. Perfectly soft centers with chewy edges, lots of chocolate, and a deliciously buttery flavor... but totally vegan! They're completely addictive, and no one would ever know they're vegan. A favorite in our house!
Servings 12 cookies
- ½ cup vegan butter like Miyoko's, softened
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoons hot water
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup vegan milk or vegan Half and Half
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup vegan semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, use mixer to cream together vegan butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth.
In a small bowl, dissolve baking soda in hot water. Stir vanilla, vegan milk, baking soda slurry, and salt into sugar mixture.
Stir in flour and chocolate chips, and mix until well combined.
Using cookie scoop or spoon, drop large spoonfuls of dough onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper, being careful of distance between dough balls.
Bake approximately 10 minutes or until edges are nicely browned. Remove from oven and let cool. If transferring to a cooling rack, let rest on baking sheet at least 5 minutes first.
Recipe yields approximately 12 cookies. Nutritional information shown reflects values for one cookie. Nutritional values were calculated using almond milk and Miyoko's Spreadable Cultured Vegan Oat Milk Butter. Macros may vary slightly depending on the specific brands of ingredients used.
- Make sure the chocolate you use is vegan. Some brands use milk powder, milk fat, or butter oil in their semisweet chocolate chips.
- Make it Gluten-Free: Substitute gluten-free flour at a 1:1 ratio and make sure all other ingredients are gluten-free.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 266kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 155mg | Potassium: 122mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 8IU | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 2mg | Net Carbs: 35g