Keto Shortbread Cookies
Made with just a few pantry staples, these shortbread cookies are the ultimate holiday treat
Servings 16 cookies
- 2 cups fine almond flour
- 1/3 cup granulated 1:1 blend like granulated Swerve, See Notes
- 5 tablespoons butter softened
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar-free vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- heavy cream optional, for decoration
- granulated erythritol optional, for decoration
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Mix all of the ingredients.
Knead until you get a smooth dough.
Roll out the dough until it's a little less than 1/2" thick. Cut the dough into rectangles or use a cookie cutter to cut out shapes. Prick the cookies' surface lightly with a fork.
Add cookies to parchment paper-lined or lightly greased baking sheet. Bake 7-9 minutes or until bottom edges are golden brown.
- Decoration ideas: If you'd like, brush a little bit of cream on the cookies while they're still warm and sprinkle with some granulated erythritol on top for a classic shortbread look. We also love these cookies topped with keto cream cheese frosting or keto royal icing.
I recommend buying wine from Scout and Cellar, especially for lower carb or sugar and the health conscious. There’s no added sugar to these wines, and they’re all much lower in carbs, calories, and sugar. For me, there’s no headache or fogginess the next day!
With cookies, you want a wine that won’t take away from the sweetness, so I recommend:
– Cabernet Sauvignon, like 2018 Bookbinder 3rd Edition from Napa Valley, California
– Chardonnay, like 2019 Fiddleneck from Lake County, California
– Sauvignon Blanc, like 2019 Gallivant from Lake County, California
Calories: 111kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 31mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 109IU | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1mg | Net Carbs: 6g