Delicious Baked Tofu
This easy baked tofu is made with a simple marinade and is absolutely delicious!
Servings 4 servings
- 1 pound extra-firm or firm tofu drained and cut into 1" cubes or 8 even slices
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 sesame seeds or to taste
Preheat oven to 350º F. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper or grease lightly. Combine soy sauce, maple syrup, and sesame oil. Toss cubes in mixture. Let sit for 15 minutes minimum. 1 hour is ideal.
After marinating, remove tofu from marinade and arrange evenly on baking sheet. Reserve marinade. Bake tofu 30 minutes.
Remove tray from oven. Use pastry brush to brush marinade on top of tofu, then flip tofu and repeat on opposite side. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Return to oven and bake about 30 more minutes or until tofu is crisp and browned. Remove from oven and let cool slightly prior to serving.
- To prepare tofu: Wrap the block in a couple layers of paper towels and place it on a plate. Place another plate on top to help weigh it down and quicken the draining. It should sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Serving suggestions: Eat alone, or try it with coconut rice, Instant Pot brown rice, Instant Pot basmati rice, with ramen, or with fried rice.
I recommend buying wine from Scout and Cellar, especially for lower carb or sugar and the health conscious. There’s no added sugar to these wines, and they’re all much lower in carbs, calories, and sugar. For me, there’s no headache or fogginess the next day!
I love a light, clean wine with Asian food, such as:
- Sauvignon blanc, like 2019 Dove Hunt Dog Sauvignon Blanc from Potter Valley, California
- Pinot gris, like 2018 The Resident Pinot Gris from Willamette Valley, Oregon
- Rosé, like 2019 Etnico Rosé from D.O. Valle del Rapel, Chile
Calories: 160kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 508mg | Potassium: 42mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Calcium: 153mg | Iron: 2mg | Net Carbs: 9g