Air Fryer Steak with Easy Herb Butter
Cooking a steak in the air fryer causes something magical to happen: super juicy, perfectly medium-rare steak, in just 12 minutes! Air fryer steak might just be my new favorite way of cooking or eating red meat. It's totally hands-off and fool proof, with a surprisingly beautiful crust. Served with an easy herb butter that'll knock the socks off your lucky guests.
For the Steaks
- 2 medium steaks about 8 ounces each
- 2 teaspoon salt
For the Herb Butter
- ¼ cup butter softened
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped
- pepper lots, to taste
Mix butter, garlic, salt, parsley, and pepper together for herb butter.
Shape into a log. Chill in the fridge. (See notes.)
Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 400º F. Liberally salt both sides of the steak. Add the steaks and cook for 7-9 minutes for medium-rare.
Immediately remove from air fryer. Rest 5 minutes.
- Garlic herb butter: Mix together all the ingredients in a blender, food processor, or by hand. (If you're using the former two, no need to mince your garlic ahead of time.) Make sure it's smooth, and then spoon into a long rectangle on a piece of plastic wrap and roll into a log. Twist each end and chill until it's firm.
- Preheating: Highly recommended. Steak will cook as soon as it hits heat. This also helps create golden crust.
- Additional cooking notes: I highly recommend using a meat thermometer for this recipe to make sure your steak cooks perfectly. The internal temperature of your steaks should be 131º for medium rare. They will increase in temperature (to 135º while resting).
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 678kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 46g | Fat: 55g | Saturated Fat: 29g | Cholesterol: 199mg | Sodium: 2938mg | Potassium: 608mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 912IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 4mg | Net Carbs: 1g