Red Potato Salad
This red potato salad is the perfect side dish! It’s absolutely loaded with flavor, and the potatoes are tender and creamy. Made with a unique combination of ingredients to make the most flavorful, addicting red potato salad, it’s great with BBQ or for a picnic.
Servings 12 servings
- 3 pounds small red potatoes
- 1 tablespoon salt + 1 teaspoon
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- ½ cup green onions roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers optional
- 4 hard boiled eggs yolks only
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup dill fresh, chopped
- ½ teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
In large pot of salted water, boil potatoes 20-30 minutes. Potatoes should be soft enough to slide off the tines of a fork, and the skins will begin to break away from the potato when cut. Drain, then cut potatoes into halves, then quarters. Place in bowl and toss with vinegar.
Add green onions and capers (optional) to food processor. Process until finely chopped.
Add hard boiled yolks, sour cream, mayonnaise, mustard, dill, pepper, and 1 teaspoon of salt. Process until creamy.
Pour egg yolk mixture over the potatoes. Stir and mash potatoes with back of spoon or potato masher. I prefer some mashed potatoes with some large chunks of potatoes mixed in. Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours or overnight, then serve.
Recipe yields approximately 12 servings. Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by 12. Result will be the weight of one serving.
- Gluten free: Ensure Dijon mustard does not contain wheat or wheat byproducts.
- Potatoes: Red potatoes highly recommended, otherwise use waxy potatoes such as new potatoes and fingerlings. Do not use starchy potatoes such as russet.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 209kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 76mg | Sodium: 745mg | Potassium: 588mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 340IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 1mg | Net Carbs: 17g