Whipped Coffee Ice Cream Sundae
A modern sundae or affogato, this recipe pairs hot fudge, vanilla ice cream, and whipped coffee for a decadent grown-up treat.
Servings 1 sundae
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar or other granulated sweetener
- 1-2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 2-4 tablespoons hot fudge slightly warmed
- 1 teaspoon chocolate sprinkles
Add hot water, instant coffee, and sugar to a medium-sized bowl.
Whip on medium to high speed with a hand-mixer or whisk.
Warm fudge in the microwave for 10 seconds.
Scoop half hot fudge into glass or bowl. Add ice cream and another layer of hot fudge.
Spoon or pipe your whipped coffee on top. Top with sprinkles.
- Vegan or dairy-free: Use vegan ice cream and vegan hot fudge.
- Make ahead of time: Let ice cream soften slightly then scoop out ice cream with a scoop that has a release. Release scoops onto parchment-lined baking sheet or place and place in freezer until ready to serve.
- Additional ideas: Place brownie at bottom of bowl or glass and/or add splash of coffee liqueur to hot fudge after warming.
Calories: 355kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 187mg | Potassium: 416mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 44g | Vitamin A: 278IU | Calcium: 103mg | Iron: 1mg | Net Carbs: 58g