Rice is sautéed in butter then baked with stock and aromatics for the perfect, super flavorful side dish.
Servings 6 servings
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked regular rice
- 3 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 6 tablespoons celery chopped
- 6 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 6 tablespoons carrots chopped
- 6 tablespoons sliced almonds plus extra for garnish if desired
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- juice from 1/2-1 lemon optional
Preheat oven to 375º F. Melt butter in a heavy skillet, then add rice. Cook, stirring often, until light brown.
Stir in chicken broth and eat until boiling. Pour everything into lightly greased casserole dish, then cover and bake for 30 minutes.
Remove from oven and stir in celery, parsley, carrots, and sliced almonds, then pepper. Cover and bake for additional 20 minutes.
Remove from oven, and squeeze fresh lemon juice over everything and stir (optional). Garnish with sliced almonds, if desired.
- Vegetarian: Use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.
- Vegan: Sub vegetable broth for chicken broth and use vegan butter instead of regular butter.
Calories: 312kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 555mg | Potassium: 327mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 3115IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 1mg | Net Carbs: 39g