This bacon guacamole is incredibly flavorful and truly addictive.
Servings 4 servings
- 2 large Hass avocados halved and pitted
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup red onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper finely chopped, with seeds for spicy and without for mild. Optional
- 2-3 slices sugar-free bacon diced, cooked until crisp, and drained. See Note
- grain-free or traditional tortilla chips
- plantain chips for paleo
- slices of bacon cut into thirds, cooked until crisp, and drained. For dipping on keto
Dice bacon and cook in skillet until crispy. Put to the side.
Add avocados, lime, and salt to a large bowl. Mash with a potato masher until smooth with some chunks remaining.
Add in red onion, jalapeño (if desired), and cilantro. Stir until well mixed.
Sprinkle bacon on top of guacamole and serve.
- Bacon: Make sure to use sugar-free bacon. We used Pederson's, which is available at Sprouts Farmer's Market.
- Serving options: Siete or Sprouts brand grain-free tortilla chips, vegetables, on top of dietary-compliant burrito bowls or taco bowls, or see specific recommendations below.
- For keto: Make your own tortilla chips or use pieces of bacon or parmesan crisps to dip.
- For paleo: Use plantain chips.
- For vegan/vegetarian guacamole: Leave out the bacon.
Calories: 212kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 226mg | Potassium: 524mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 179IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 1mg | Net Carbs: 3g