Whole30 Taco Salad
A flavorful taco salad that happens to be Whole30, paleo, and low carb. An easy Mexican dinner recipe with seasoned ground meat, guacamole, and pico de gallo.
Servings 4 servings
- 1 pound lean ground meat like beef, chicken, or bison
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 8 cups romaine or iceberg lettuce chopped
- 1 1/2 cups tomatoes chopped
- 2 avocados peeled and seeded
- juice of 1-2 limes divided
- 1/3 cup red onion chopped, divided
- cilantro chopped, divided
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise See Note for Whole30
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened plain almond milk to thin, See Note for Whole30
- fresh cilantro chopped
- sliced black olives
- fresh jalapenos sliced, or pickled jalapenos slices
Make the ground meat: Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add ground meat and sprinkle taco seasoning over. Brown completely, crumbling with a wooden or metal spatula to incorporate seasoning.
Make the guacamole: Mash the avocados with the juice of 1 lime and salt to taste. Add in half the red onion and cilantro if desired. Stir.
Make the pico de gallo: Toss the tomatoes with juice of 1/2-1 lime, salt, the remaining red onion, and a pinch of cilantro, if desired.
Make the dressing: Combine all ingredients and whisk. Add more almond milk to reach desired consistency, if needed.
Assemble the salad: Divide lettuce evenly between four bowls then top with ground meat, then guacamole and pico de gallo. Garnish with additional toppings as desired then drizzle with cilantro-lime ranch.
Calories: 544kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 381mg | Potassium: 1264mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 8949IU | Vitamin C: 25mg | Calcium: 74mg | Iron: 5mg | Net Carbs: 7g