Crockpot Chicken Fajitas
These chicken fajitas just couldn't be easier or more delicious! They're made in the Crockpot or slow cooker and are totally loaded with flavor.
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast sliced into very thin strips
- 1 medium red onion sliced into thin strips
- 3 medium bell peppers deseeded and sliced into thin strips. See Note
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 5 tablespoons neutral oil like avocado oil or refined coconut oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 4 tablespoons taco seasoning See Note
- 1 1/2-2 teaspoons salt
- spray oil like avocado oil
- shredded cheese like Monterey
- fresh salsa
- fresh cilantro chopped
- red onion chopped
- guacamole or avocado slices
- sour cream or yogurt
Coat the bowl of the Crockpot with a little spray oil. Add the sliced chicken, onion, and bell peppers to the Crockpot.
In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, oil, garlic, taco seasoning, and salt. Pour over chicken, onions, and peppers and toss to coat well.
Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 4-6 hours, or until chicken is cooked through. Chicken should break apart easily, be firm, not soft or floppy.
Use tongs to stuff tortillas or place on top of burrito bowls or a salad, then serve with desired garnishes.
I used one red, one yellow, and one orange bell pepper for a nice variety of color.
Make your own taco seasoning easily by following a recipe like this one.
Use gluten free, low carb, or paleo tortillas to suit your specific dietary preference.
Calories: 353kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 915mg | Potassium: 769mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 2260IU | Vitamin C: 84.6mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 1mg | Net Carbs: 7g