Easy Black Bean Soup
The easiest black bean soup you could possibly imagine. So versatile and delicious, a perfect lunch or quick, cheap dinner.
- 2 cups refried black beans (from a can or homemade)
- 1/2 cup water or stock
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tbsp recommended garnishes: chipotle aioli (see note), "sour cream" or yogurt, Mexican hot sauce, chopped cilantro, pickled jalapeños
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine all ingredients. Whisk until smooth. Cook for 5 minutes.
Ladle into serving bowls and garnish. Serve.
- Homemade refried beans: See our recipe for refried beans here.
- Garnish ideas: Chipotle aioli, sour cream, plain greek yogurt, Mexican hot sauce, chopped cilantro, pickled jalapeños, chopped tomatoes or salsa, onions, avocados, cotija or queso fresco, lime wedges, tortilla chips or strips, scallions
- Chipotle aioli: Blend one chipotle pepper, 1 teaspoon of adobo sauce, and a squeeze of lime with 1/2 cup mayo.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 266kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 303mg | Potassium: 611mg | Fiber: 15g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 125IU | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 4mg | Net Carbs: 28g