This mango dragon fruit refresher is better than Starbucks! Less sugar, healthier ingredients, and is seriously so quick and easy to make. Three ingredients and a couple of minutes is all you’ll need to make this ultra refreshing drink.
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- There are no secret syrups or sneaky added sugars! We use fruit juice and unsweetened dragon fruit powder to make this healthier alternative to a Starbucks favorite.
- It’s super quick and easy to make! Anyone, and I mean anyone, can shake up this cooling beverage. The only two steps involved are mixing all ingredients together, then pouring your delicious mango dragon fruit refresher over ice – that’s it!
- It’s the perfect addition to any party! Mix together a large pitcher of this fruity drink, then watch friends and family enjoy.
Dragon Fruit Powder – Dragon fruit powder is what gives this drink its signature hot pink color! Dragon fruit, sometimes referred to as pitaya, is a naturally sweet tropical fruit. The powder is extremely concentrated, meaning a little goes a very long way – in terms of both flavor and color. Therefore, even a small bag of dragon fruit powder will yield many refreshers!
Mango Juice – The other star of this recipe, mango juice also adds plenty of natural sweetness. You can even use mango puree instead for an even sweeter drink – totally up to you!
Green Bean Coffee Extract – Green bean coffee extract is almost completely flavorless, but adds a nice boost of caffeine. However, if you’d like a caffeine-free mango dragon fruit refresher, then simply make this recipe without any coffee extract! Green bean coffee extract can be found online or at some vitamin/health food stores.
- Add half a cup of coconut milk for an even creamier drink! Coconut milk is a popular addition at the Starbucks counter, which you can easily add to your drink at home. I love taking this option, since the hint of coconut makes it taste that much more tropical!
- Blend your mango dragon fruit refresher with ice, frozen dragon fruit, and/or frozen mango for a delicious non-alcoholic frozen cocktail! This option tastes especially good during warm summer months, as a delicious means for cooling off. It’s also a great frozen fruit smoothie kids will love!
- Prep a big batch of this beverage to enjoy all week long! To do this, mix together all the juices and powders in a pitcher, then store in the fridge. When ready to enjoy, simply pour over ice and freeze-dried or frozen dragon fruit pieces.
Other Refreshing Drink Recipes You’ll Love
- Healthy Pink Drink Strawberry Refresher
- Cucumber Water
- Charcoal Lemonade
- Hibiscus Tea
- Mango Pineapple Smoothie
- 1 teaspoon dragon fruit powder
- 2 cups white grape juice
- ½ cup mango juice
- ½ teaspoon green bean coffee extract for caffeine, optional
- ¼ cup fresh, frozen, or freeze-dried dragon fruit cut into cubes if fresh
- Serving glasses
- Add dragon fruit powder, white grape juice, mango juice, and green bean coffee extract to a large pitcher or bowl and whisk to combine.
- Divide ice and fresh or freeze-dried dragon fruit pieces between 4 cups, then fill each cup with refresher mixture.
- For a grown-up version, add a little rum or vodka.
- To make it creamy, add ½ cup coconut milk.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.