This thick, rich Instant Pot rice pudding is deliciously sweet with hints of cinnamon and vanilla. Super simple to make, this pudding is an easy but indulgent dessert or breakfast!
- This rice pudding is so decadent with the perfect texture and sweetness. It’s hard to believe it’s so easy to make with just a few ingredients and an Instant Pot or pressure cooker!
- This recipe is already naturally gluten-free, but with a quick swap, can easily be made vegan as well.
- Equally delicious hot or cold, this pudding is perfect freshly made or after being chilled in the fridge. It’s also a great way to use pantry staples in a new and different way!
How To Make Instant Pot Rice Pudding
The full recipe is below, but here you’ll find all the steps for making this recipe perfectly the first and 100th time, along with useful tips and info!
Combine everything but the last three ingredients in the Instant Pot. Close and lock the lid.
Select high pressure and set the timer for 8 minutes. Allow 10-15 minutes for the pressure to build.
Natural release for 10 minutes, then quick release the remaining pressure. Unlock and remove the lid. Add in everything else and stir.
Top Tips For Making Pressure Cooker Rice Pudding
- The lemon adds a super nice fragrant element to the dish, but doesn’t make the pudding taste “lemony.” Not sure what lemon zest is or the best way to make it? Check out this post!
- If you prefer a plain white rice pudding, omit the cinnamon. You can also leave out the raisins if they’re not your thing.
- To make your Instant Pot rice pudding vegan, substitute the butter for a vegan alternative.
- For a thinner rice pudding, add a little extra milk after adding the raisins. Be aware that your pudding will thicken as it cools!
More Delicious Desserts
- Gluten Free Sugar Cookies
- Whipped Coffee Ice Cream Sundae
- Paleo Carrot Cake (Gluten Free)
- Black Bean Brownies
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
Instant Pot Rice Pudding
This indulgent but easy rice pudding is so simple to make in a pressure cooker for a healthy dessert
Combine milk, rice, maple syrup, cinnamon, butter, and salt in Instant Pot, then close and lock lid. Select high pressure and set timer for 8 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
Natural release for 10 minutes then quick release remaining pressure. Unlock and remove the lid. Stir in vanilla extract, lemon, and raisins. Serve hot or cold.
- Ingredient notes: The lemon zest adds a fragrant quality to the pudding, but doesn’t make it taste “lemony.”
- Plain rice pudding: Omit cinnamon.
- Vegan: Substitute the butter for a vegan butter.
- Thinner pudding: Add extra milk after adding raisins. Note that pudding will thicken after cooling.
I recommend buying wine from Scout and Cellar, especially for lower carb or sugar and the health conscious. There’s no added sugar to these wines, and they’re all much lower in carbs, calories, and sugar. For me, there’s no headache or fogginess the next day!
Wine may not be what you thick of with rice pudding, but it can be absolutely delicious! I particularly like:
– Chardonnay, like 2019 Fiddleneck Chardonnay from Lake County, California
– Cabernet Sauvignon, like 2018 Middle Jane Cabernet Sauvignon from Mendocino County, California
– Sparkling white wine (in cans!), like NV 14K Bubbly White Wine from California