Do I have a treat for you guys today! This guest post was written up especially for the Stylist Quo, by Memphis burlesque star, the ever-glam, Nickie Riley. I can’t even tell you how many times I’ve ooh’ed and ahh’ed over her makeup, so it’s pretty exciting to have a tutorial of her trade secrets, just in time for New Year’s Eve.
1. Start off by applying your favorite concealer all over your eye lid. Your shadows will stay on longer and apply brighter.
2. Apply a natural brown shadow, 4-5 shades darker than your skin tone, above your natural crease.
3. Blend the color until edges are smooth.
4. Instead of primer, I like to use jumbo pencils by NYX on lids. Since I’m doing a bright blue, I’m using the color “milk”.
5. Draw a triangle wing going into the natural crease of your eye, right under the brown shadow. You’ll need a sharp shadow applicator to get this perfect.
6. Fill in the triangle and smooth out the edges with your blending brush.
7. Add a pop of color to the middle of your lid using a packer brush. Pat the color on heavy.
8. Use a sparkly silver on your inner lid and tear duct. Blend the silver into the end of the blue shadow for a smooth transition.
9. Apply glitter on top of the blue shadow then, apply your favorite eyeliner to your lid and waterline.
10.Brush away any glitter or shadow from under your eye.
11. Apply your favorite concealer and powder under the eye to seal it.
12. Go back over your waterline liner with black shadow for a smokey look.
13. Add a light lipstick and a little blush to finish the look.
What do you guys do for New Year’s Eve? We always throw a party!
If you enjoyed this post, learned something new, or found it interesting, tip me! I take Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Digg, Google+…..0