We’re giving away a $100 Visa gift card! See the bottom of the post for details…
Remember me? Ah, it’s been a while, I know.
Remember me? Ah, it’s been a while, I know. I got a “straight job” and kept up most of my freelance and we decided to build a house which means selling this house which is tiny and full of tons of product from food photography and partnerships and I literally look like a bottled-tea- and pasta-hoarder, which I heard doesn’t look great on Trulia. Most of my cooking has turned into, “Pretty sure a recipe might go a little like this…” That’s why I’m obsessed with this creamy pumpkin sage alfredo with gluten-free penne.
a) I can’t get over how ridiculously good this Ronzoni Gluten-Free® pasta is. We’ve always been fans of pasta, but we save it for treats, special occasions, whatever. Typically we have usually opted for pastas made from whole wheat, quinoa, rice, whatever. Always OK, but never awesome… until this stuff… Am I being 1000% honest when I tell you this is the best gluten free pasta I have ever had? Double yes. Seriously, it tastes just like regular pasta, which is why I refuse to tell anyone about the absolutely towering stash I have in that office. All for us, suckers!
c) Pumpkin evvvvvvvverything. I’m a huge fan of pumpkin in savory dishes, thanks to its definitively fall impression and impressive stack of nutrients and fiber.
d) Oh yeah, takes like 15 minutes to make. 15 minutes!
Instead of layering the sauce with butter and cheese and cream and more cheese and a little extra and an extra pat of butter, I kept it simple and healthy, letting the rich pumpkin support the heady, lightly fried sage. The coconut cream gives you as much creaminess as you could ever ask for with an indulgent touch, and I added a bit of freshly grated Parmesan for obvious reasons. It’s healthy enough for any weeknight, but impressive enough for guests. You’ll love it. Do make sure that you cook the pasta properly: gluten-free pasta breaks down more easily than wheat pastas, so don’t overcook! Rinse the cooked pasta with warm water and then toss with a little drizzle of olive oil. Perfection.
- 3 cups Ronzoni Gluten Free® penne, cooked according to directions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra drizzle for pasta after draining
- 15 large sage leaves
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ cup pumpkin
- 1 cup coconut cream
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan, plus additional for serving optional (omit if vegan)
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- water or veggie broth, if necessary
- Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions. Don't overcook! Rinse with warm water after draining and toss with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Fry sage leaves until darkened, then remove and drain on a paper towel. Cut into slices, if desired.
- In same oil, fry garlic for a minute, stirring constantly, until fragrant. Add pumpkin and stir to combine and heat through. Add coconut cream and whisk until totally smooth. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium-low to simmer for a couple minutes. Add Parmesan cheese and stir 'til uniform and melted. Add salt and pepper to taste. If too thick for your taste, add a bit of water or veggie broth to thin, if desired.
- Add cooked pasta to skillet and reduce heat to low. Stir to coat with pasta sauce. Spoon into serving bowls then top with sage and additional freshly grated Parmesan, if desired.
Share your dishes with us! #RonzoniGF
Connect with Ronzoni Gluten Free® pasta on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
What is your favorite quick and healthy pasta recipe? Share it with me in the comments for a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 9/13 – 11/13
Be sure to visit Ronzoni’s brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!